it’s simpler than you think.Watch the video
There's a will.
and now there's a way.
Oil isn’t working
We can feel it—in the air, at the pump, in our neighborhood.
It’s running out. And if you ask us, the last drop can’t arrive a moment too soon. The massive spills, the air and water contamination, the geo-political turmoil. We’ve had enough of oil.
SO WE EXPLORED
And we looked everywhere
- Hybrids? Too little, too late.
- Hydrogen? Impractical on a global scale.
- Natural gas? It burns clean. As fossil fuels go.
- Biofuels? They generate emissions and food shortages.
AND THE ELECTRIC CAR
But the electric car comes with its own set of challenges
- Why is the range so limited?
- Why are they so expensive?
- What happens to the battery over time?
OUR AHA MOMENT CAME IN 2005
What if we separated the battery from the car?
- You can drive very long distances by automatically switching depleted batteries.
- The cost of the car drops dramatically when you’re not paying for the battery.
- You no longer have to worry about resale value since you don’t own the battery.
- As new technologies emerge, you simply switch batteries at no extra cost.
WE BEGAN BUILDING THE NETWORK THAT MAKES ELECTRIC CARS MAKE SENSE.
And it’s being put into practice around the world—right now.
Sure, it’s a bold statement. If you have doubts about what we’re saying, then congratulations, you’re human. Bet let yourself believe for a second that the world can change dramatically. For the better and starting right now.
Come see what we've built-
One way or the other,
you'll see it soon
Introducing Better Place. Have a look.
Check out switchable batteries, the next generation of electric cars
and our automated Battery Switch Stations. Among other earth-friendly innovations.
Learn more about our solution
Meet our founder
Check out Shai Agassi's TED talk.
It changed everything.